Thursday, October 6, 2011

Photo Banner, Dina Wakley Style


(Click to see these upclose, there's lots of detail.)


I love Dina Wakley's style. She is very near the top of my Top Five Favorite artists list... often in position number one. She rocks the casbah!


When I saw her work on the cover of the newest Somerset Workshop, I decided to host "Dina Camp" for myself. My plan is to work through the four projects in the magazine and hopefully some of her magic will rub off on me. 


It has been ridiculously fun. Those expensive stepped-out magazines are such a great value if you treat them like a workshop instead of just flipping through enjoying all the eye candy.


This banner is the first thing I completed, it's wonderful seeing my beautiful family whenever I walk up the stairs.



Speaking of Somerset Publications, I was ever so overjoyed 
when I flipped through the latest Stamper's Sampler


and saw one of my cards featuring a favorite Stampotique character, Twinkie




I guess I get to update my "Where's Nicole" page. *grin*

Linked up with:

4 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow awesome. I luv this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Mary C. said...

Dina would be proud! I am certain because I know her. She did two workshops here in Vegas last year. She is also hilarious.
Congrats on the card! So you!

Dina said...

Wow...I am so honored and your banner is AMAZING!!! Fab, fab! Please share when you do the rest..you rock.

CathyR said...

The banner is great and the card is really cute.